As the first commercial supplier for femtosecond(fs)-laser-written Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs) worldwide, FemtoFiberTec provides FBGs, that open up completely new sensing possibilities for a wide range of industrial and medical sensing applications. In contrast to conventional FBG solutions, FemtoFiberTec can write FBGs into all optical transparent fiber materials with a broad variety of fiber coatings – e.g. high-end speciality fibers as well as low cost commodity fibers.
The fs-written FBGs are of superior strength, withstand extremely high temperatures and can be immune to hard radiation and humidity. Thousands of FGBs can be integrated into one single sensor array to allow multipoint measurements along distances of many kilometers. The manufacturing technology provides the highest possible flexibility in terms of customer individual FBG specifications and production volumes - from one up to thousands of units. Customer orders are produced within shortest lead times in industry.
FEMTO Gratings are of superior tensile strength, withstand extremely high temperatures and can be immune to radioactivity and humidity.
FEMTOPlus® Gratings additionally provide extremely low polarization (0-5pm) for high resolution measurements and very low scattering loss (<0,2dB) for extra-long array configurations.
Besides the "Standard FBG portfolio", FFT offers highly customized FBG production, including arrays for special applications. The fs-writing technology allows for writing FBGs and waveguides into any kind of optically transparent material and through a variety of coatings. FFT is offering FBGs in radiation hard and carbon coated fiber. High length and FBG arrays with several 1,000 FBGs for quasi DTS are also available.
FFT’s sister company Loptek GmbH provides housed and calibrated ready-to-use high temperature probes up to 700°C and specific solutions for optical measurements in high temperatures and high pressures.
• Single-point optical temperature and strain sensors
• Customer individual specifications
• Reflectivity of up to 99%
• Temperature stable up to 700ºC
• High tensile strength, no strip-and-recoat
• Any type of fiber, no doping required
• Various coatings (acrylate, polyimide, carbon)
• FBGs in radiation hard fibers for sensing in nuclear environments
• Quasi-distributed temperature and strain sensing
• Thousands of gratings in one array of several kilometers / miles
• Real-time data acquisition
• Unrivaled performance in harsh environments (H2O, high temperature)
• Customer specific design of fiber cable
• Sensor array with up to 50 single measuring points
• Integration of numerous arrays into one system allows temperature control of large spatial areas in e.g. industrial processes
• Approved and tested usability for temperatures up to 300°C
• Designs for higher temperatures up to 700°C in final testing phase
• Customer specific solutions regarding sensor design (sensor specifications, housing, connectors (FC/APC or LC/APC), cabling) and interrogation system
Dr. Felix Leyssner
Head of Sales FBG Sensing
Phone: +49 157 80508512
E-mail: Send message